Each year, members, including association staff, can enter a contest for the chance to win a great prize! Contests will be added leading up to the REALTORS® Conference & Expo in November.
Read the contest’s Rules & Regulations below.
Enter to win a $1,000 stipend for the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Diego!
From now until October 16, register for Premier Access for a chance to win a $1,000 stipend for the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Diego or one of five $100 Visa gift cards. Please see below for Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations.
Official Rules: National Association of REALTORS®
Register for REALTORS® Conference & Expo for Your Chance to Win!
- Promotion Period: Register for REALTORS® Conference & Expo for Your Chance to Win! Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (“NAR”) (collectively, “Sponsor”). The sweepstakes period will begin October 9, 2020 at 12:01 am Central Time and will end on Friday, October 16 at 11:59 pm Central Time (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, individuals who register for a Premier Access to the 2020 REALTORS® Conference & Expo will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Individuals may also enter by sending a postcard with your name, contact information and the subject line of “Register for REALTORS® Conference & Expo for Your Chance to Win!” Sweepstakes to: Meetings and Events, National Association of REALTORS®, 430 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Limit one entry (“Entry”) per person. All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on October 16. Entries must follow these guidelines. Sponsor is not responsible for technological, printing, typographical, human, or other errors of any kind in any contest-related materials, or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (each an “Entrant”). All entries must be received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. Employees of NAR, any REALTOR Benefits® Partner, NAR’s affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, judging or random entry selection agencies or services, and such employees’ immediate families (parents, spouses, children, siblings and each of their parents, spouses, children and siblings) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Any Entrant who, in the reasonable estimation of the Sponsor, makes disparaging, insensitive, offensive, potentially illegal comments, or causes any potential harm to Sponsor’s reputation, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and the Entry will be removed at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. An Entrant is not a Winner of any Prize until Sponsor verifies Entrant’s eligibility.
- Prizes: One (1) eligible Entrant (“Grand Prize Winner”) will receive the following prize: one (1) one thousand dollars ($1,000) stipend for the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Diego; and five (5) Entrants (“Gift Card Winners”) will receive the following prize: one (1) one hundred-dollar ($100) Visa gift card. (hereinafter “Grand Prize Winner” and “Gift Card Winners” collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Winners”)
No transfer or substitutions are permitted. Prizes do not include applicable taxes. All details of Prizes will be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All taxes (including income and withholding taxes) associated with participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt or use of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes Winners. All costs and expenses associated with winning the Prizes are the sole responsibilities of each of the Sweepstakes Winners.
- Drawings/Odds of Winning: The Sweepstakes Winners will be randomly drawn from eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Drawing”). Entries will accumulate during the Sweepstakes Period and odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The Drawing will be conducted by a person designated by the Sponsor (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) on behalf of Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions, including approval of the Administrator’s decision, are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes and the decisions of Sponsor. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of Prizes, as indicated herein. The Sweepstakes Winners will be announced on the Sponsor’s website and the Sweepstakes Winners will be notified via the email address provided in REALTORS® Conference & Expo registrations. By submitting an Entry, the Grand Prize Winner and the Gift Card Winners grants the Sponsor permission to publicly announce them as the Sweepstakes winners by full name in any media of Sponsor’s choice. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of notification in order to be deemed an eligible Sweepstakes Winner. If affidavit and release are not signed and returned within fourteen (14) days or if the prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, then an alternative Sweepstakes Winner will be selected.
- Restrictions on Prize: In the event of noncompliance or if a potential Sweepstakes Winner cannot be reached within seven (7) days, or should notification be undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the respective Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Sweepstakes Winner will be selected. If the Prize, or portion thereof, becomes unavailable or impracticable to award, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Each Entrant is eligible to win only one (1) Prize in the Sweepstakes.
- Statement of Publicity Rights and Liability Release: Where legal, submission of an Entry constitutes the Sweepstakes Winner’s permission to Sponsor to use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Web, Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, biographical information, comment or any other submitted content as news or information and for trade, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation or review. All Entrants agree to hold harmless and release Sponsor and its related affiliates and subsidiary companies, and each of their officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all actions, claims or liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes, delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes or any goods or services purchased with a Sweepstakes Prize, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activities, including but not limited to, liability for personal injury, bodily injury including, without limitation, wrongful death or disability, damage to property and damage or loss of any other kind. Sponsor is not responsible for the quality or utility of any of the Sweepstakes Prizes, as specified herein, and Sweepstakes Winners will hold Sponsor harmless for any malfunction of or damage caused by malfunction of a Sweepstakes Prize or any goods or services purchased with the Sweepstakes Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the submission of Entries or processing of Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications-line failure; theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines; computer online systems, servers or providers; mobile applications; computer equipment; computer software; or failure of Entry submission on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants’ or to any person’s computer, tablet or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for fraud by any Entrant. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Sweepstakes or to defraud Sponsor in any way may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any Entrant who engages in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any Sweepstakes Prize won.
- Authorization and Release: By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, Entrants consent to Sponsor’s use or non-use of the content of the Entry (“Content”), for any purpose and without compensation, except where prohibited by law. By submitting an Entry, and thereby agreeing to these Official Rules, Entrants also gives Sponsor an irrevocable license to use, publish, edit, crop, manipulate, adapt, and/or modify the Content in any way and in any and all media now known of hereafter invented worldwide, without limitation or compensation to you. Sponsor may use or not use an Entry or Content in their sole discretion and judgment. Winning does not in any way guarantee Sponsor’s use of the Entry or Content for any purpose. Entrants warrant that the Content does not infringe any third-party rights, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights. By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to release, and to indemnify, save and hold harmless, Sponsor and its members, officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, affiliates, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including the receipt, redemption, or use of any Prize, or any goods or services purchased with the Prize, or any claim that the Entry or Content (i) violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, or (ii) is libelous, slanderous, or otherwise harms any third party.
- Early Termination of the Sweepstakes: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, a force majeure event, infection by computer virus, worm or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, that in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
- Winner List or Official Rules Request: To receive the names of the winners, or to receive a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Register for REALTORS® Conference & Expo for Your Chance to Win! Sweepstakes” National Association of REALTORS®, 430 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. Requests must be received by October 16, 2020.
- Governing Law: The Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, and the forum and venue for any disputes shall be in Chicago, Illinois.
- Sponsor: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® 430 North Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL, 60611-4087.